Friday 23 March 2012

Well Done - Action Bronson & Statik Selektah


The first time I heard Action Bronson was via a link posted on my Facebook wall by my girl
‘I love that chick’
The video/song was ‘Cirque Du Soleil’ and what struck me first was the beat by Statik Selektah, it was fresh, grandioso, and it has this big soulful musical Hip Hop sound. Then Bronsolini blesses the beat with his flow that is pulling from so many experiences that his subject matter is very original and leaves you thoroughly edutained. Within that his dark sense of humour will have you laughing or shaking your head thinking “did he really just say that”.







So with that I bought yes BOUGHT the album (Well Done - Action Bronson & Statik Selektah) on first listen I loved it, in my opinion proper Hip Hop beats & f*cking rhymes. I thought Action sounded a lot like Ghostface but the more I listened the less he did.

Stand out tracks for me were:

Cocoa Butter
White Silk
Cirque Du Soleil
Love Letter
Terror Death Camp
Cliff Notes





If you like Hip Hop undiluted and straight up raw then this album is for you, it has a great range of subject matter, beats & turntablism it’s what a Hip Hop album should be.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/well-done/id473284177

Mains!

No comments:

Post a Comment